Friday, June 3, 2011

Strawberry?

One day on 2005 my older brother and my sister in law got my family together in my house. They wanted to tell us they’ve been taken the decision to adopt a child. They tried so hard for so long, but the nature didn’t let them and no doctor had a good explanation. All of us got very excited because the news. Since that moment all we wanted was to receive one special call of them, THE call! And we did, tired of waiting and so eager, months later almost a year in September of 2006 (because the SENAME’s people really do their job making them sure that you are a really good candidate), all the adoption’s paperwork and many previous evaluations was ready and my brother was in Copiapo to take this beautiful kid home. Her name is Tamara, now she’s 5, almost 6 years old and is my niece. This is a picture of her, with her little fingers offering you some of her tasty strawberry. I love this picture, I really do, and even it was my wallpaper for a long time. I think it’s so cute and tender. In it, my brother (the photographer, of course, he’s crazy for her) knew how to capture all the essence of my niece. Always so generous, untidy, with her face, hands and clothes so stained because the lots of fruits that she usually eat. I have two brothers, and she is the only grandchildren. So you can guess we are besotted with her, of course! Is the baby of the family. In my house there are photos of her everywhere. But with no doubt this is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment