Friday, April 15, 2011

Music, my sixth element


Music… it’s something really powerful, ha?


It makes me change my mood so easily.


If it weren’t for the music, I think that I would know much less English than I know now. Because my first approximation to English was when I began to translate the English songs that I liked.


At the beginning I couldn’t understand a thing, jajaja.. then I listened over and over again, I learned by heart the melody, how to pronounce the words, and most of the time I didn’t know what I was saying, but little by little the words started to sound familiar and it had a meaning to me.


Nowadays I still love to learn English songs, but now I don’t need to translate, I do it in my mind and it becomes so much easier than years ago.


The first song I translated was “Dreams” by Cranberries… I listened to it for the first time in one of my brother’s old cassettes, many many years ago.I looked for more songs by the band, and they really captivated me, they became my favorite band. I think I have a favorite song, too. The decision was very difficult but the winner is….tan tan tan... Linger!!!!!


Jajajaja It’s really beautiful, it starts with a mix of violins and guitars that make me close my eyes and calm all the bad feelings that I could be feeling at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. jajaj I had the same "problem" with the lyrics, when I started to sing I always sang in Russian or some dead language, but now I understand what I am singing... and for me, hear songs in English is one of the most important things that really help me to understand and read in English...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh my life is changing everyday
    Every possible way
    Though my dreams, it’s never quite as it seems
    Never quite as it seems" really it´s a beautiful song, apart is one of my favorite bands. see you later, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just beginning to listen to music in English, because I need to learn spooking in English urgent. Let´s hope I can to achieve.

    bye

    ReplyDelete